tutorial: Coloring PSDs

(I'm having fun with animated gifs these day OTL)

Okay! Yo! Intro! :D

I am entitling this tutorial as "What's the buzz with PSDs?" YOLO. It's a bit too corny, but I think (and I hope) this can somehow help some of our fellow graphic designer. This topic will be something new GDs would need to know :D

Yohoho okay enough of the chatter. So I'm back with a simlpe tutorial on how to make coloring PSDs :D Just some notes first:

1) In my definition, PSDs, or Coloring PSDs, are a group of Filler Adjustment Layers grouped together to make a picture/photo/image be colorized. Usually, coloring PSDs make the pictures look vivid.
2) This is how I make my PSDs, so if other designers have their own way and it suits your style, then I'm fine with that :D
3) The animated gif down there? LOL it's not my idea. supersoneic sunbae was the first one to think of that kind of animation :) I just tried how she did hers :DD
4) This tutorial is actually applicable to GIMP, but in a different way. I broke my GIMP software so I'm not sure how to show that again OTL


Okay then! Let's get started.

Well, to be honest, the gif says it all actually. But I'm just going to give out a few notes and reminders, or probably the settings for those layers.



TUTORIAL:
STEP 1: Let's see. So there are four boxes there, right? Those are the FILLER ADJUSTMENT LAYER. It can be found at the bottom of the LAYERS PANEL at the right of PS, and it kinda looks like a Yin Yang. So I'll give the settings of each adjustment layer.

1) Box 1: GRADIENT - Soft Light. 70%
2) Box 2: SOLID COLOR - #6b4a20. Screen. 100%
3) Box 3: SOLID COLOR - #887855. Lighten. 100%
4) Box 4: GRADIENT MAP - Soft Light. 15%

STEP 2: Put those adjustment layers in a group.

STEP 3: Place them on top of all the layers.


EASY, RIGHT??!


LOL SO THAT'S IT, REALLY :DDDDD


HOPE YOU LEARNED SOMETHING OTL




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages